Project Engineer (Environmental or Related Engineer Discipline)
Walden Associates continuously seeks experienced professionals and motivated college graduates to join our team of engineers, geologists, and GIS Analysts who want to make a difference in the world they live in. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, 401k retirement savings plan with matching contributions, bonus plan, tuition reimbursement, and excellent professional development opportunities.
Description: Walden Associates is seeking a project engineer who will impress us with their personality, outperform our expectations, expertly conduct their responsibilities, and add capabilities to our diverse team. If you think this fits you, then please read on and apply.
Degree Required: Must have a BS or MS in Environmental, Civil, or related Engineering discipline
Preferred Years of Experience: 4 – 7
- Perform site investigations to assess and document field conditions
- Perform due diligence and site feasibility studies
- Produce well-structured and thought-out recommendation reports based on field inspections and observations
- Develop construction design documents and specifications for a full range of environmental and civil engineering projects
- Develop site designs, including site layout, grading and storm drainage, roadway, and utility infrastructure
- Interact with clients and provide them with clear recommendations while advising them of their responsibilities and options
- Respond to and address regulatory comments to obtain agency approvals
- Perform hydrology and hydraulic calculations and be knowledgeable of NYSDEC storm water drainage requirements
- Prepare cost estimates for design projects and specifications for bid documents.
- Develop bid documents and perform bid management/analysis
- Oversee engineering design and construction
- Be willing and able to assist with business development initiatives by leveraging existing client
- relationships to expand service offerings and identify new relationships
- Develop and enforce health and safety plans
- Must be willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions and travel to project locations
Education and Qualifications
- Strong computer skills in AutoCAD and Excel
- 4 to 7 years design experience with a specific focus on tanks, UST and AST tank systems, and site design.
- Recent experience in field investigations, construction oversight, and/or remediation systems
- Possess strong written, verbal and telephone communication skills, particularly the ability to produce accurate and concise field notes and well-structured recommendation reports
- OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER training certificate
- 10 hour OSHA Construction Safety
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices of related technical areas
- Self-motivated and team-spirited, capable of working independently or collaborating with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local petroleum & chemical bulk storage requirements a plus
- Working knowledge of HAZCOM and OSHA regulations
- EIT/FE or PE strongly desired.
Next step: Please submit a cover letter describing your desire to interview and work at Walden along with a resume which details your experience and knowledge base.